Brett Lee Scott con The Indoor Cycling Guide: How to improve your fitness and speed with turbo trainers and rollers (Iron Training Tips)
You can become a better cyclist right here, indoors
Do you want to improve your cycling fitness, form and efficiency?
Does your work schedule, the weather or traffic mean you can't put in the long rides like you need?
You can make significant gains in your fitness, form and efficiency at home by using an indoor turbo trainer or rollers. 3-time Ironman World Champion Craig Alexander claims 90% of his cycling takes place indoors on his turbo trainer. If champions are made on trainers, you can benefit too.
Get up the indoor cycling learning curve
Trainers can be a little daunting. How do you use them properly?
In this short guide, I'll show you both how choose the right trainer, set it up and use it trainer effectively. I'll show you how to use your trainer to see significant gains in your fitness, mental toughness and VO2 capacity. I'll show you how to use rollers and trainers to develop the bike handling, pedaling and form of a procyclist. And with my concise workouts, I'll show you how to use trainers and rollers to fit into your busy schedule, even if you have only 20 minutes a day!
Used properly, trainers and rollers can translate to massive gains once you hit the road and are a powerful tool to support and improve your road cycling.
What will you learn in this guide
This short, handy guide includes:
* Why use a trainer?
* Basic overview of the 5 types of indoor trainer
* Advice on which trainer should you use?
* What about spin bikes at the gym?
* Setting up your trainer
* What bike should you use on the trainer?
* What tires should you use on the trainer?
* Using cadence sensors with a trainer
* Using HRM Heart Rate Monitors
* Should you use a climbing block?
* Should you use a trainer mat?
* How should you set up your trainer environment?
* How do you mount you bike on the trainer?
* 10 workout sessions to improve fitness
#1 Endurance workout
#2 Top end power workout
#3 Strength/hill climbing workout
#4 Efficient energy consumption workout
#5 VO2 absorption workout
#6 Form workout
#7 Core stability workout
#8 Mental toughness workout
#9 Leg speed workout
#10 Post-gym recovery
* Overview of rollers
* Why use rollers?
* When should you use rollers?
* How do you set up rollers?
* Where should you use rollers?
* How do you mount the bike on rollers?
* How do you dismount rollers?
* How do you ride on rollers?
* How can you improve hill climbing on rollers?
* How can you improve pedal technique on rollers?
* Can you use a time trial/ triathlon bike on rollers?
* 1 hour trainer workout on rollers